Currently Accepting Applications
About Vista Alegre
Vista Alegre is a 60-unit garden-style property for very low-income seniors on approximately 3.1 acres in Glendale, Arizona. Mercy Housing’s work on this project included the creation and implementation of a Citizen Participation Plan to address potential neighborhood issues, including an old well site located on the property. As a result of citizen input, Mercy Housing worked to ensure that neighbors would still receive the irrigation water that flows through the property.
Amenities and Services
- On-site Resident Services
- Community building
- Computer center
- Laundry facility
- Outdoor community gathering space
- Community meetings and celebrations
- 60 one-bedroom apartments for low-income seniors
- Completed in 2003
- Funded by: Catholic Healthcare West, Wells Fargo Bank, City of Glendale, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Arizona
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Mountain Plains region.