4938 W. Quincy Ave.
Chicago, IL, 60644
Phone: (773) 854-4588
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About Lavergne Courts
Lavergne Courts, originally built in the 1920s, was acquired by Mercy Housing in 2003 and underwent an extensive rehabilitation to upgrade many of the building’s features. The property consists of two buildings totaling 158 affordable rental apartments for low-income families. The property features one-, two– and three-bedroom apartments. The property features resident services for families including after-school programs, employment training and parental education. Lavergne Courts is conveniently located near public transportation and a variety of neighborhood services and amenities.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Case management and referral services
- Employment training and education
- Computer lab
- After school homework help and academic support
- Cultural enrichment programs and activities
- Parental education program
- On-site laundry facilities
- Community garden space with youth urban gardening program
- 158 units of housing for low-income families
- 57 one-bedroom apartments, 58 two-bedroom apartments and 43 three-bedroom apartments
- Acquired in 2003
- Funded by: OHMAR (Midland) and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.