Currently Accepting Applications
About Marlton Manor
Applications are now being accepted for the waitlist for SRO units. Application acceptance through MOHCD’s DAHLIA site at https://housing.sfgov.org or click the “Apply Now” button.
Application deadline July 12, 2023.
Residents pay 30% of adjusted gross income for rent.
Maximum annual income for one person is $39,350.
In 2000, the residents of Marlton Manor and the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency learned that the owner of the building was considering selling it; which could have lead to the conversion of these affordable units to market rate rents. Such a conversion would increase the residents’ affordable rents to levels beyond their means. In danger were 151 units subsidized by the Section 8 programs housing seniors and people with disabilities. The residents organized themselves into an association and with the assistance of Agape Outreach Center and the Agency, found partners in Mercy Housing California and AF Evans Development Company to purchase Marlton Manor and save their affordable housing. In 2002, this partnership successfully took ownership of Marlton Manor, preserving the deep affordability of the rents, and initiated a $7.5 million renovation.
Amenities and Services
- 3,744 square feet of ground floor retail space
- Computer learning center
- Community meetings and celebrations
- On-site adult career services
- Referral services
- 151 units for people with special needs including 141 studios and 10 one-bedroom apartments subsidized by the Section 8 program allowing residents to pay only 30 percent of their income for rent
- Renovation completed in 2003
- Funded by: Alliant Capital, Citi and the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
- Architect: Gelfand RNP
- Contractor: LEM Construction
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.