Dec 01Denver Affordable Homes for Immigrants and Families Preserved
For Immediate Release: December 1, 2020
Contact: Kate Peterson | 303.830.3443 | email@example.com
Clare Gardens and Grace Apartments—Mercy Housing communities—have been re-syndicated, preserving 181 homes for generations to come.
DENVER— The economic fallout from the pandemic continues to strain people’s ability to afford housing, especially those living with low incomes. While residential real estate prices continue to skyrocket in Denver, Mercy Housing remains dedicated to preserving affordable housing for the people that need it most. Re-syndicating Clare Gardens and Grace Apartments offers Denver families continued support through affordable, service-enriched housing communities.
Mercy Housing residents will remain onsite during the renovation process. Vacant apartments will be available for families to temporarily reside during the two to three months their home is being remodeled. To ensure a smooth transition, Mercy Housing has contracted with a professional relocation consultant to help coordinate all aspects of this transition. The consultant will coordinate all moves with a professional mover, provide all moving supplies, and packing assistance (as needed) at no cost to residents.
These multi-phase renovations will bring building upgrades, as well as full updates to interior finishes of individual apartments. Following completion, the communities will be more energy-efficient and help reduce monthly utility costs, increase overall living comfort, while providing a warm, modern aesthetic for residents to enjoy for years to come.
- Grace Apartments maintains a very diverse population of refugees and immigrants living with low incomes, primarily from southeast Asian countries like Bhutan, Nepal, and Burma. It’s comprised of two buildings and 53 apartments that feature two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes. Residents have access to resources like an onsite computer lab, community room for Out-of-School Time programming, outdoor playground, and community garden.
- Clare Gardens serves families living with low incomes, offering 128 townhomes that feature three- and four-bedroom homes. The extensive grounds include 22 separate buildings, an outdoor playground, and a Recreation Center that features a gymnasium, indoor pool, and Kids’ Café. Clare Gardens also offers a resident resource center with a computer lab, where residents can receive tutoring services, educational programs, and many other personal enrichment activities.
Updates include new windows, roofs, heating and cooling systems, and general upgrades to the exterior accessibility and grounds. Interior finishes will include fresh paint, drywall, and flooring repair and/or new flooring, and new cabinets. New appliances will be added to kitchens as well.
Each property is unique and offers an abundance of resources and services to all residents. Resident Services Coordinators and Case Managers are onsite to provide support and advocacy that connect residents to all eligible community services that are offered in the area.
Clare Gardens and Grace Apartments are community assets and are critical to their neighborhoods’ vibrancy and health. Investing in these renovation projects is a testament to Mercy Housing’s commitment to communities with low incomes and to preserving affordable housing for today and future generations.
Additionally, there’s even more affordable housing in the pipeline for Denver as Mercy Housing’s 8315 East Colfax Family Affordable & Early Childhood Education (ECE) development received state Affordable Housing Tax Credits (AHTC) and federal 4 percent Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC).
About Mercy Housing Mountain Plains: Mercy Housing Mountain Plains (MHMP) serves Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, and Utah with affordable homes and resident services. With 40 properties, MHMP serves over 6,000 residents. MHMP is a regional office of Mercy Housing, Inc., a leading national affordable housing nonprofit that serves tens of thousands of people with low incomes every day.
MHMP mission is to create stable, vibrant, and healthy communities by developing, financing, and operating affordable program-enriched housing for families, seniors, and people with special needs who lack the economic resources to access quality, safe, housing opportunities. mercyhousing.org/mountain-plains/
You may also like:
- Preserving the Future While commercial and residential real estate prices continue to skyrocket in Denver and across the...
- Mercy Housing Northwest’s Mercy Magnuson Place and Gardner House in Seattle Honored with Affordable Housing Award From National Coalition FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 24, 2020 Contact: Kate Peterson | 303.830.3443 | firstname.lastname@example.org 26th Annual...
- Mercy Community Capital Provides Loan for 313 Colorado Affordable Rental Homes PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release: June 2, 2020 Contact: Kate Peterson | 303.830.3443 | email@example.com...
- Seeta’s Story Seeta was just six years old when she arrived in the United States on September...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.