Mercy Community Capital provides a timely, reliable, and flexible source of credit for mission-driven affordable housing developers. We commit our expertise to creating financial solutions that result in impactful community development. Mercy Community Capital delivers a unique blend of innovation and industry knowledge. There is no substitute for experience, a network of sound partners or disciplined focus. We provide the resources and commitment to deliver consistency in an inconsistent marketplace.
We take a methodical approach to community investment. We serve our mission by lending support to an essential, yet underfunded market segment: socially-responsible affordable housing developers that drive economic investment in our communities.
Developing quality, affordable housing
Mercy Community Capital assists developers who provide quality, affordable housing for low‐income individuals and families. Mercy Community Capital operates a revolving loan fund that provides loans for creditworthy developments when conventional financing is not available or affordable.
Mercy Community Capital loans include acquisition, construction, or rehabilitation loans; bridge loans to tax credit projects to cover equity pay‐in period; and secured predevelopment loans.
Loan recipients include nonprofit housing and community development corporations; limited partnerships with a nonprofit managing general partner; consumer‐controlled cooperatives; mission driven for‐profit developers of affordable housing; and public agencies.
Making business decisions
Mercy Community Capital recognizes that obtaining financing for affordable housing developments can be complex, expensive and sometimes unobtainable. Mercy Community Capital can be a resource for financing your development.
Mercy Community Capital’s staff and Loan Review Committee evaluate loan requests against the following established criteria:
- The beneficiaries must be low- and very-low‐income households and those with special unmet housing needs
- The borrower must have the organizational capacity to complete and manage the development and the ability to repay the loan
- There must be a demonstrated need for the loan
- The development must have broad community support
- The development must guarantee long-term affordability for low‐income persons
- Resident self‐sufficiency and economic independence are promoted
- The development location must be in the United States
What we are proud of
Mercy Community Capital has provided:
- Lines of credit to national affordable housing developers to preserve housing for low and very‐low income families.
- Gap loans to cooperatives purchasing their mobile home parks
- Bridge loans to Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects across the country
- Loans for acquisition, renovation, preservation, and construction in Areas of Economic Distress
- Predevelopment loans for the development of multi-family housing for low and very‐low income residents
Applying for a Loan
Applications are accepted year‐round and requests for loans are reviewed monthly. We’ll work with you to tailor solutions to your needs.
- Term Sheet — Affordable Housing Organizations
The term sheet highlights eligibility requirements for potential borrowers along with terms for short term loans.
- Term Sheet — Health Care
The term sheet highlights eligibility requirements for potential health care facility lending
- Application for pre-qualification
Please refer to the Mercy Community Capital Term Sheet for any questions regarding the pre-approval application.
*Please note that Mercy Community Capital only lends to affordable housing organizations, not individuals. If you are looking for a personal loan, Mercy Community Capital cannot offer that service.
Loans provided in California are made or arranged pursuant to a California Financing Law license.