Family, In Development
About Marylhurst Commons
Mercy Housing Northwest is excited to partner with the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) to develop 100 affordable rental apartments at the former Marylhurst University Campus. Mercy Housing will develop, manage, and provide onsite services at the new community. The Thompson, O’Hara, and Baxter buildings will be removed to create space for the new homes. The development will use the existing vehicle access and roadways on the site to access the new building and will reuse much of the existing parking, preserving open space on campus. The three- and four-story U-shaped building will wrap around a spacious landscaped courtyard for residents. A community room with kitchen and technology center will also be located adjacent to the courtyard.
Interested in learning more about the city permitting process? Click here for a link to the city’s website where you can learn more about the city’s review process.
- The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, U.S – Ontario Province
- Carleton Hart Architecture
- Walsh Construction Company
- Design and permitting: Through summer 2022
- Construction: Summer 2022 through early 2024
- Building opens: Early 2024
Apartments at Marylhurst Commons will be available to households earning less than 60% of Area Median Income. In the Portland metropolitan area, 60% of Area Median income is $58,020 for a family of four as of 2021, and is subject to change.
This property is not accepting applications at this time. This website will be updated when the project begins leasing in 2023.
Want to know more?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch a recording of the October 2021 community meeting
- Send us a message
Amenities and Services
- Onsite Property Management
- Spacious ground-floor community room
- Community Kitchen
- Outdoor Playground
- Spacious Landscaping
- Technology Center
- Bike Storage
- Private patios for ground-floor apartments
- Energy Efficient Appliances
- Centralized HVAC system provides filtered are to each room
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Northwest region.