Pullman Wheelworks Apartments
901 East 104th St.
Chicago, IL, 60628
TTY: 800.877.8973 or 711
About Pullman Wheelworks Apartments
Pullman Wheelworks Apartments features 210 affordable rental apartments in the Southside Chicago Pullman neighborhood. Pullman Wheelworks was built in 1920 and was originally used as a manufacturing facility. The property was converted into 210 multifamily apartments in 1980. Mercy Housing Lakefront acquired the property in 2012 in partnership with the National Housing Trust/Enterprise Preservation Corporation. The rehabilitation of the property ensured that all the historically significant features of the building were preserved. The renovation included many green upgrades and additional community spaces for onsite resident services programming. The building is comprised of 6 studios, 122 one-bedrooms, 28 two-bedrooms, and 54 three-bedrooms. It includes an onsite playground for children and additional outdoor space.
Amenities and Services
- Case management and referral services
- Onsite computer lab, laundry room, and classroom
- After-school and summer programming for children
- Employment training and education services
- Pilot Asset-Building Ladder Program
- 6 studios, 122 one-bedrooms, 28 two-bedrooms, and 54 three-bedrooms
- Funded by: BMO Harris Bank, City of Chicago, Chicago Neighborhood Initiative, Community Investment Corporation, Illinois Housing Development Authority, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, National Housing Trust-Enterprise Preservation Corporation, The Preservation Compact, Red Mortgage Capital LLC, U.S. Bank, and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Architect: Holabird & Root LLC
- Contractor: Madison Construction
- Awards: Affordable Housing Finance Readers’ Choice Award and Chicago Association of REALTORS Good Neighbor Award
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.