Jan 21MLK Senior Housing to open Fall 2021
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we are thrilled to celebrate the groundbreaking of MLK Senior Housing, our newest affordable housing development in the Hilltop neighborhood of Tacoma, WA. Join us in celebration by watching our groundbreaking video:
About MLK Senior Housing
- The development offers 60 affordable apartments for seniors, with onsite community room and outdoor plaza for residents to gather and participate in Resident Services.
- It will be the fifth Mercy Housing Northwest community in the Hilltop neighborhood, where we have been building affordable housing for over 15 years.
- Located just blocks from two light rail stations and bus stops, the development will also be in close proximity to multiple healthcare facilities.
- 20% of apartments are set aside for households with a disabled resident and one-third of the homes have a leasing preference for veterans. In Pierce County, 11% of residents are veterans, the highest density of veterans on the West Coast. In addition, nearly 30,000 of Pierce County veterans have a service-connected disability.
A very special thank you to our funders and partners who helped make this development possible:
You may also like:
- Breaking Ground on Homes for Educators in Palo Alto Leaders from Santa Clara County, the City of Palo Alto, and co-developers Abode Communities and...
- A New Mixed-Use Affordable Housing Community Coming to King County Seattle, WA – Mercy Housing Northwest and Open Doors for Multicultural Families, in partnership with...
- Growing our Footprint Across the Mountain Plains This is an exciting time for Mercy Housing Mountain Plains! From grand openings to groundbreakings...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.