Jan 21MLK Senior Housing to open Fall 2021
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we are thrilled to celebrate the groundbreaking of MLK Senior Housing, our newest affordable housing development in the Hilltop neighborhood of Tacoma, WA. Join us in celebration by watching our groundbreaking video:
About MLK Senior Housing
- The development offers 60 affordable apartments for seniors, with onsite community room and outdoor plaza for residents to gather and participate in Resident Services.
- It will be the fifth Mercy Housing Northwest community in the Hilltop neighborhood, where we have been building affordable housing for over 15 years.
- Located just blocks from two light rail stations and bus stops, the development will also be in close proximity to multiple healthcare facilities.
- 20% of apartments are set aside for households with a disabled resident and one-third of the homes have a leasing preference for veterans. In Pierce County, 11% of residents are veterans, the highest density of veterans on the West Coast. In addition, nearly 30,000 of Pierce County veterans have a service-connected disability.
A very special thank you to our funders and partners who helped make this development possible:
You may also like:
- MLK Senior Housing Breaks Ground We are excited to announce that construction on Mercy Housing Northwest’s MLK Senior Housing in...
- Mercy Housing Northwest’s Mercy Magnuson Place and Gardner House in Seattle Honored with Affordable Housing Award From National Coalition FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 24, 2020 Contact: Kate Peterson | 303.830.3443 | email@example.com 26th Annual...
- Construction Begins on Historic Capitol Park Hotel Mercy Housing California begins conversion of historic hotel into affordable apartments for people who are...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.