Thanks to you, and supporters like you, 2,280 children go to bed in safe and nurturing homes. In the first three years of the Moving Forward Together campaign, you have helped build 2,534 homes, create 4,877 jobs, and enable 6,016 people, including 2,280 children, to live in hope.
This is the fight of our lifetime. The economy is slowly improving but homelessness continues to rise and record numbers of children live in fear and instability because they do not have a safe place to call home.
Please continue working to fulfill the ten-year campaign goals to build or preserve 7,500 affordable homes and prevent homelessness for 20,000 children, parents, and other vulnerable people.
In 2013, your support contributed to the following milestones:
- Completing the renovation of 210 affordable family homes at the historic Pullman Wheelworks;
- Saving 128 units of affordable housing through the purchase of 2000 Illinois Apartments in Aurora, Ill. The transaction was made possible through Mercy Housing’s participation in The Housing Partnership Equity Trust (HPET), newly-created nonprofit real estate investment trust, or REIT;
- Helping 209 families save their homes from foreclosure by purchasing their mortgages through the Mortgage Resolution Fund;
- Rehabbing 206 units of foreclosed property through Chicago’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program;
- Earning the 2013 MetLife Foundation Award for Excellence in Affordable Housing for Roseland Place Senior Apartments.
This work has been supported by many philanthropic partners, including gifts of $25,000, or more, from Bank of America Foundation, The Chicago Community Trust, Citi Foundation, Community Memorial Foundation, Enterprise Community Partners, Fannie Mae, Harris Family Foundation, Helen Brach Foundation, The Home Depot Foundation, JPMorgan Chase Foundation, Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community, State Farm, and U.S. Bancorp Foundation.
Please continue to help by purchasing tickets or sponsoring the October 9th Moving Forward Together event in Chicago. Please click here for information.